Request program information two ways:
- Download the program flyer and client questionnaire (below), complete and mail or fax to the Center.
- Complete the program information form online.
|Summer Programs||Summer Program Flyers|
|Social Skills Group for School-Age Children
||Summer 2013 Camp (ages 3-6) (pdf)|
|Therapeutic Program for Preschoolers
||Social Skills Group (ages 7-10) (pdf)|
|Client Questionnaire (pdf)|
The Social Skills Group for School-Age Children program is designed for children ages 7-10 who are challenged in recognizing and applying the concept of flexible thinking and social cooperation. These children may have average or near average spoken language skills but require instruction and practice to achieve successful social communication. Social skills are practiced in a fun and interesting learning environment.
Summer 2013: Tuesday & Thursday, 9:00am - 11:30am. June 20, 2013 - July 25, 2013. Cost: $600
Goals will target improving behaviors such as:
- Using flexible thinking
- Using whole body listening
- Using conversational turn taking
- Following social rules
- Understanding social expectations and socially acceptable behaviors
Does your child:
- Have difficulty making and maintaining friendships with peers
- Have ridged thinking behaviors and become overly stressed when situations do not go his way
- Have difficulty compromising and showing empathy towards others
- Have limited awareness of personal space and social comfort zones
We offer two programs which target specific goals to the needs of the group:
- The Year-round program meets once a week for an hour and a half during the Fall and Spring semesters
- The Summer program meets twice a week for two and a half hours for six weeks in June/July. This intensive program utilizes the “Superflex…A Superhero Social Thinking Curriculum”
The Therapeutic Program for Preschoolers was designed to provide a speech and language rich therapeutic environment to preschool aged children with communication challenges.
Speech and language skills are facilitated throughout the morning of activities including circle time, story time, craft activities, gross/fine motor activities and snack. Each child has an individualized treatment plan to target his or her specific speech, language and social needs. Occupational therapy services are incorporated into the program to increase sensory motor skills, increase fine motor abilities and facilitate participation.
Summer 2013: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9:00am - 11:30am. June 19, 2013 - July 18, 2013. Cost: $1020.
Goals targeted throughout the program include:
- Improving comprehension of language including following direction
- Improving formulation of language including vocabulary and utterance length
- Improving speech production and overall intelligibility
- Increasing appropriate play and interactions with peers
- Increasing fine, gross and sensorimotor skills
This program is offered for two or four days a week in the Fall and Spring.
An intensive Summer program is also offered in June/July.